Shadowban on Instagram: Understand how not to receive this ban
Social networks are growing ever faster in the digital world. With this, your tools end up needing new rules of use. The social network Facebook, has already proven that within the platform there are rules and punishments. These can cause problems for your account if any of these rules are violated. Since Facebook purchased the social network Instagram, these features will also be adopted within the platform. One of them is Shadowban on the Instagram.
What is Shadowban on Instagram?
Basically, Shadowban is a kind of “punishment” of the Instagram algorithm if its profile, and or its publication is using a banned hashtag. That is, a hashtag that has received denunciations and ended up being banned by Instagram.
What happens to my account if I receive a Shadowban?
Your account is not deleted, if you receive a Shadowban, only the publication with the forbidden hashtag will be affected. But then my posting will be deleted? No! Your posting will also not be deleted, but it will not appear in the explore bar. Also, it will not stop at any publications related to the hashtags used. What further delays you realize that you have fallen into a Shadowban.
How do I know I got a Shadowban?
This is the most complicated point of this subject. In order for you to notice that your account has received a Shadowban, you need to be a very active and attentive user to your profile. This way you will detect a fall in the reach of your publications and also in the tannings of the same. Another way is to click on the hashtags used by you and verify that your publication is appearing in the related to this hashtag.
There is a third way to verify your account, but this is not among the most reliable. It’s the Shadowban Tester. On the internet we can find some sites that provide a way to check if shadowban exists, usually in the last 10 posts of your Instagram. I say not being reliable because there are several options over the internet and also, complaints. But it remains a valid option, which helps in this quest.
How to avoid a Shadowban on Instagram?
- Respect the number of allowed hashtags
- Instagram considers the use of 5 as desirable and limits the use of 30 hashtags per publication;
- Avoid publications that can be reported
- This can happen if you violate any rule or are even misinterpreted;
- Check if you are using any reported hashtag
- To know if it is a blocked one just click on it and see if an Instagram message appears informing the lack of content in place of the related photos;
- Avoid too generic hashtags
The more often the hashtag is used by the social network, the more likely it is to contain reported content.
I got a Shadowban on the Instagram, now what?
There are a few options you can do to try to recover your profile from a Shadowban, but none of them is proven. These are just tips that have worked for some profiles.
- Give Instagram time
- Try to stay at least 3 days without even logging into your profile;
- Repeal the hits
- Open your account on a computer, go to “edit profile”, “authorized applications” and “revoke access”, so you will no longer allow access to applications, which you authorized before;
- Switch your business account to personal
- If your profile is commercial the most indicated is that it resumes with a personal profile;
- Report the problem to Instagram
This option is the least likely to have a payback, but it’s best not to discard that attempt.
After this tip you have everything to get great results with Instagram. Want another tip to get even simpler? Download Free Checklist to increase results on Instagram.